Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tiptoe thru the Tulips


Last Monday we decided to do a day trip with our Family Home Evening group. Uncle Leo and Uncle Jared have done a lot of work for a guy up past Mt. Vernon. They have built roads and rock walls, retention ponds and cleared brush on his 180 acres. As we were talking about a day trip they said lets drop by Jeff's place and drive around and feed the fish. WOW! What a place. The ponds were full and fish were jumping. The scenery was breathtaking.
There were even fun places to stop and things to see. It is completely private and the sign said as we entered: "If you weren't invited, we don't want you!"
We are sure glad we were invited! After seeing Jeff's place we went to the Royal Fork in Mount Vernon for lunch. It was a very good Buffet and we had a great time.
Then it was on to the Skagit Valley Tulip fields. All I can say is they were jaw dropping beautiful! The pictures will say it all and they don't start to do them justice.







There were field after field for miles! I love pink! I couldn't stop here and I was driving but I took this picture myself anyway. Can you believe it?
Here is red and yellow but there were tons more colors and types. What a day!
Here is our group. Me, Dave, Mom, Pops, Uncle Leo Baird (Moms brother) Uncle Jared Dickson (Pops brother) Aunt MaryAlice Dickson. We usually have family home evening together every week.
The guys couldn't leave Conway without stopping to get the famous ice cream cones everyone was talking about. Lynn mentioned it to us but then everyone we talked to said that is part of seeing the tulips. Dave and Jared waited in line for a good 1/2 hour.
I can't believe I didn't get a bicture of the cones. When she started giving them to us they were so big that I didn't have a choice but to put up the camera and help the guys take them to the car. Next year I vow not to go to an all you can eat buffet before going to the ice cream place so I can have one! This was a day to remember.

5 comments:

Tera said...

That sounds like so much fun! The flowers are beautiful. I am so glad that you took pictures. You are making such fun memories.

Mrs. Dickson said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe we missed those by just weeks. It was beautiful and my favorite is Grandma and Grandpa holding hands walking in the tulips. Love you all!

Laurence and Sidney said...

What a fun, fun day!!! I want to come play!

Shayla said...

beautiful!!

Bump and Erin said...

Absolutely beautiful! I have told Bump about the tulip fields, but these are the first pictures he has seen of them. Someday I want to go too!