Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pops 91st Birthday

It was interesting to read your comments at the end of this blog. I couldn't figure out why Janice mentioned that not everyone was in the pictures. I showed Sheri the pictures I was putting in and thought I had done it. After reading Janices comment I kept thinking who in the world was at the dinner that I'd forgotten to take a picture of? Then I decided she must mean everyone who called to wish grandpa a happy birthday but couldn't come. But then I looked over the blog and I was shocked to realize these last two pictures were not there. Oops! Believe me this won't be the last time I goof but I hate doing it so publicly to my super heros. :0 Viv
Yep I mean it when I say these are my super heros! They drop everything to come and help us and are so good to grandma and grandpa.
For his 91st birthday we asked Pops where he would like to eat dinner. He said he didn't know but would really like some real good ribs. We started a search for a good rib place but had trouble finding one. No Tony Romas around here! We looked and Sherilyn even searched the internet but we had no luck until we asked Janice. Janice said she had seen a new place called Famous Daves Barbeque by the Everett Mall so even though none of us had tried it we went.
We went for lunch because Dave and I had a cannery assignment in the evening. Famous Daves was a good choice! The place was full of people and it was great food.
With all the gooey yummy ribs Meledie was wondering why she wore a white jacket! We had a fun lunch with Sheri, Joel, Seth, Janice, Matt, Meledie, Dave and I, and Mom and Pops.
All day Pops received phone calls from his grandchildren. The calls started the day before his birthday and kept coming for several days. He was so happy to talk to everyone.
Jack and Delores and John and Melinda bought Pops a new park bench to add to the seating in the yard.
The day was great, the ribs were wonderful,
but the telephone calls were the best!
Thanks everyone!!!
Pops had so many ribs he took home a whole meal for the next day.
Yep it was a good birthday!

10 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

Wow, those ribs look amazing! I'm glad you had a happy birthday grandpa, you deserve the best one ever!

Tera said...

Looks delicious! I'm glad grandpa had a good birthday.

Mrs. Dickson said...

I can't believe you haven't been to Famous Daves before! We love it. Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!!! I am so happy to claim you all as mine. So blessed to be a part of your lives. Love you all!!!!

janice said...

looks like we are all having fun! oh no, thats right ,not all of were shown. - jk- it really was great food, so glad grandpa wanted ribs!

Laurence and Sidney said...

What a fun way to spend a birthday!! I want to be there for all these fun celebrations!

Anonymous said...

Famous Dave's is definitely one of our favorite places to eat. And if I ever want good ribs, that's where we go. Happy Birthday Grandpa!!

Unknown said...

It sounds great!! Grandpa looks wonderful. I wish we could have been there.

Lynn and Sharon Dickson said...

I just figured out where to read the comments (DUH) so now that I can respond you might all be in trouble don't you think??

Hopefully in the distance that we are allowed to travel we can find a Famous Daves as we really like ribs too. Janice and Matt are always good ones to search out most anything one needs. They are a very caring couple to help whenever they can. And they seem to know how to do it. I sure enjoyed the pictures. My children love having Uncle Dave and Aunt Viv so close to do things with. We have always wanted to live by them. So go figure . . . . they are now in Arlington and we are in Nauvool. We think we are experiencing a little bit of heaven being here on a mission. And we do feel of all of your love and prayers. THANK YOU

janice said...

thanks aunt Viv! we think lots of you too!!!

Shayla said...

Wow there's a Famous Dave's right by my house! Guess I'd better try it out now with all the good reviews!