Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some fun things

I mentioned we wanted a few places to sit around the yard. We bought this bench at Walmart a few weeks ago but had to pull out several overgrown bushes and things to get it ready. On an earlier blog I showed us taking out the bushes behind the house but finally Dave did the rock work so we could put it in.
In this picture you can see where it is. Since I took this picture I finished painting the stairs so they are all black instead of 2 toned. We also planted the small Rododendrens to fill in where we took things out. It is looking nicer all the time.
I painted the railings and changed them from brown and white to black. We also planted a few flowers. Pretty Huh?
Last Friday I went to a Garage sale and bought this glider bench. It is real comfortable and was cheap so I loved it. Mom and Pops really enjoy it too.
I painted it

Mom loves it! Looks a little different doesn't it?
I told you that Dave and Joel were putting a second story in the barn. It will give us quite a bit of new storage space.
They are putting down the floor.
They put a rail on the front and opened a door from the other room and wolla it is done! Uncle Leo cane over to check it out and started cleaning up some of their mess. We always love it when he comes. Well, that is it until we start another F U N F U N project!!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Holy cow you guys are AMAZING!!! It looks so great!! :)

Judy Wright said...

Boy! Does your place look awesome I had no idea that Uncle Dave was so handy sure miss you guys.

Bump and Erin said...

Awesome!! It looks so great! I love that cute bench and the glider, too!

Laurence and Sidney said...

It all looks so wonderful!! You said you also planted some flowers, at first I thought you said you also painted some flowers. With your luck w/ spray paint, I wonder if both might be true:) You're never going to get Aunt Helen & Uncle John to come visit again, they won't be willing to leave such a showplace!!

janice said...

with all the extra room in the hey loft now, maybe we need to have another sleep over with all us grandkids and grandma!!! just a thought. =]

Shayla said...

man you guys have all the fun!! can't wait to see it in person!

Tera said...

It looks amazing! The newly painted bench and stair rail look so great. I want to come visit and sit in the peaceful yard. It all looks so inviting.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. I love the cobblestone.

Tracy Collings said...

Wow, it all looks so nice!

desertortoise said...

(From my mom, she's still trying to figure blogs out) Thank you so much Viv for the pictures and commentary. We love you all. Love Doris

Mrs. Dickson said...

Lots of fun projects. Looks great!

Unknown said...

I can't believe all you have done.