Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The office makeover

Since we first came mom mentioned that she would love to repaint the office so after 6 months she and I dove in and tackled the job. It was really a lot of fun. Here are some before shots. I had already taken the curtains down when I remembered the photos for the blog.
Remember the turquoise desk and the old file cabinet?
Remember the hide-a-bed and pictures? The color? Mom never liked the color but felt she was stuck with it.
I'm painting the new color. I brought home 15 or 20 shades I liked and she choose this color. Mom says that you can't tell from these pictures how nice the color looks. The lights and all change how beautiful it really is.
Remember the chairs? I repainted the metal on them so they are no longer turquoise. Oops! Okay I am not perfect! Have you ever tried to wash black spray paint off your face? The chairs look great however. Look for them in the pictures.
We moved the furniture around and put the couch under the window. I bought 2 small filing cabinets to use as end tables instead of the big gray one. The lamps are ones Pops made.
We also moved the bookcase to the other side of the room. Mom always had a problem with her desk being in the way when she opened the hide-a-bed.
The bookcase looks so much smaller on this wall. Ialso made new curtains for the window.
We made a logging wall for Pops. We brought up his old saw from downstairs where it wasn't showing very well and put 3 logging pictures with it. It looks cooler in person. The other wall is the family wall. It also has one of Pops clocks and another lamp he made.
While we were in the process of painting Meledie came over and asked Dave if he would like a roll top desk! Dave has wanted one so bad for years and years and I veto it every time he mentions it because they are so expensive. She gave it to us saying she needed to get it out of a house where it was anyway. He is SOOOO happy... it was made to hold a computer and everything just like he always dreamed of getting someday. What a good week!

DO YOU LIKE IT? COMMENT TO MOM AND TELL HER WHAT YOU THINK.

9 comments:

Tera said...

Amazing! The room looks so great. I love the wall color, I love the rearrangement. I love the curtains. I love the saw. I love, love, love the roll-top desk.

Roy said...

Ooooooo! That looks awesome! We're not going to recognize the place.

Shayla said...

I love it!!! It looks amazing!

Laurence and Sidney said...

WOW!!It looks even better than I imagined!! You have such an eye for these things. I am so glad you are there and doing these fun things! LOVE the saw. So glad you brought it up. And what can a person say about the roll-top desk. It is incredible!

Tracy Collings said...

Wow, it looks so good! The color really brightened the room, and everything looks so nice!

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! Good Job. You guys have such a talent. Yeah for the roll-top desk!

Judy Wright said...

You guys are so talented, Hey! Viv, I still have not painted the Dresser, in the room where you and Dave stayed. But I will "SOMEDAY" Love you bunches.

Unknown said...

It looks so beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person.

Lisa said...

Wow! It looks AMAZING!! You guys do good work! :)