Saturday, April 4, 2009

2 new pets

Since we first got here to Washington Dave and Pops have been plotting, planning and finally working towards getting a few farm pets. Here is a new terminal for an electric fence the guys put in. (You can probably tell what is coming.)
Dave tightened the barbed wire, added dancers (made of willows he cut by the back fence) Then he pulled out all the blackberry bushes, willows, scotch broom, and anything else that was growing under or within about 4 or 5 foot of his fence.
They put out this old bathtub for water and hooked up the new electric fence.
This morning we went to Stanwood to pick out our "Provident Living" new pets. There were a bunch to pick from because the people had to give up their whole herd so they could work out of state. I knew our pets the minute we saw them... like family.
The owners were good enough to deliver them for us free of charge. They were so happy when they saw our setup. They said their cows would think they were in heaven!
They used their good horse trailer. Nothing too good for our pets!
Meet Pansy and Pickles! Mom named Pansy but Pickles was named before she came.
Pickles is 5 years old and Pansy is 2 weeks old.
Aren't they so cute?

11 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

How fun!!! Looks like you got some cuties!!!

Kaleena said...

fun!

Laurence and Sidney said...

You got them!! How cool!! Now for the pig and piglets!!

Roy said...

Pansy & Pickles, huh? Cool. I love it!

Tera said...

Are "provident living" pets for eating or milking? Just curious. But they sure look happy in their new home. Fun!

Shayla said...

PICKLES!!!! what an awesome name for a cow.

Anonymous said...

Mom, when you said we knew our pet the moment we saw it, then you had the picture of the guy in the truck, I thought, "wow, I have a new brother." Glad it was just cows.

Unknown said...

When I was young, I remember visiting my Aunt in Bear River and petting her cow until about dusk when it was time to come in for dinner...We were enjoying a delicious feast when my Aunt mentioned that they used to have 2 cows..."What happened to the other one?" I asked..."You're eating her." was her reply. It's amazing that I still eat meat. :)

Bessie said...

Hi, hope you enjoy those new pets. I hope they are outdoor pets.
Bessie

Unknown said...

AWWWWW I want a cow. They are so cute!!!! I remember "Trouble" but I don't think he was nearly as cute as Pansy and Pickles.

The Adams Family said...

That would be so much fun! Wish we had more land to do that here. They sure are cute!