Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jenny's and another project

For Memorial Day we went down to Dupont next to Fort Lewis where Jenny and Bryant built their new home. Bryant is deployed to Iraq for 6 months so we enjoyed Jenny and the kids and talked to Bryant thanks to Skype. I forgot to take out my camera until we were about ready to leave and the kids were off to other activities. We went down on Sunday afternoon and stayed all day Monday. We had a wonderful time!
I was so impressed with Jenny's dishes and took these next pictures for Tera. While Jenny and her family were in Korea there was a factory that made dishes and Jenny said whenever someone came to visit or someone new was transfered that is where she would take them. She started buying these dishes and would add to her set every time she went back.
They had so many types and sizes of dishes and she just added and added.
These are only part of the types she has. There are also serving dishes, butter dishes and probably pitchers. Anyway now that they are in their new home these are what they use and she loves them! Anyway Tera I thought that might give you a good idea with that beautiful German pottery! I would do it in a second if I had the chance!!

Now on to another subject! Grandma and I did another little project!

This rusty table was given to mom by Wendy (her grandaughter) when they moved to Nevada. She had gotten it from her grandma Jones years before that. We decided to use it and make a fun place for our summer dinners.
So we primed it then painted it black....
Isn't it cute? We also found the chairs and the cute umbrella to match it at Costco. The rocking bench next to it is the guys Fathers Day present from mom and I. We found it and stained and varnished it.... but wait... it isn't Fathers Day yet so don't notice it yet! So who is going to come and enjoy the patio with us? Jenny says she and her kids will, Doris and Graham will in July, Jack and Delores will in July... any one else?

6 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

Wow those dishes are so beautiful!! I am glad you had a good time and the table looks so good!

Laurence and Sidney said...

What a fun time at Jenny's!! It is wonderful that they are so close! The table turned out great. I knew it would!!

Tracy Collings said...

I love the dishes and the table. I'm so glad to hear from you.

Sheri Dickson Woodson said...

The table looks so great, now if it would just stop raining long enough for you to be able to get out and use it!

Shayla said...

so fun!!

Unknown said...

How fun. :) I love those dishes and the table turned out great.