Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mom's Mothers Day

For Mothers Day Dave and I decided to give mom another place to sit and enjoy her yard. We pulled out some overgrown Juniper along the driveway last fall and so there were 2 large places of dirt that needed flowers and fixing up.
We put in a park bench so when pops gets the paper or mom gets the mail they have a resting place on the way back. The doctor told us to do this all over the yard but we have only done a few. He told us again this week to have lots of resting places so we better get busy!!
They seem to really like it! We have planted lots of flowers this year and the yard is looking really nice. Now keep on reading to my next blog about our adventure to the rain forest.

8 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

Looks really nice. I love grandma's hat!

Tera said...

I love all the flowers in the yard. They make me smile.

Sheri Dickson Woodson said...

There really are flowers everywhere, the place is looking beautiful.

Unknown said...

That is fun. I think i am going to put resting places all over my yard too. :)

Kim said...

What a lovely blog! Thanks for dropping by mine.

The park bench is such a perfect idea with beautiful scenery.
Wow, 28 grandchildren!
90 years young? She looks wonderful!

Looks like you don't have to wonder what you will do each day when you wake up. :)

Laurence and Sidney said...

wow! I want to come rest!!
It looks gorgeous! You had described it to me, but I could never imagine just how great it is! I can hardly wait for the August pictures.

desertortoise said...

I want to come relax there. beautiful!

Jared and Casi said...

It looks beautiful I wish we could have come up to see it. Hopefully after the baby is born.