Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tomatoes, weeds and flowers!

Mom and pops have complained about how poorly the tomatoes do here in Washington. They started growing them under the eves of the carport where the rain doesn't get them as bad. During the winter mom and I saw an add in a magazine and decided to send away for our topsy turvey tomato planter. I know a lot of you have tried them but mom and I each got one and are determined to show the guys how wonderful of tomatoes we can grow. Now if it really will work we will be so happy!!! We have some baby birds in the birdhouse so the parents aren't very impressed with them but buy the time we are eating tomatoes they will have flown the coop!
Mom didn't like the looks of the area where last years tomatos grew which was now a weed patch so she pulled the weeds. We rewarded her hard work by planting flowers.
Dave picked them out and the colors were beautiful together. Not bad for a color blind guy!
Mom kept saying she was so glad she started pulling the weeds!
Pretty isn't it?

7 comments:

janice said...

everything is so colorful and cute! the flowers look great!!! (i'm glad grandma pulled the weeds too!)

Shayla said...

I like it!! Can't wait to see it in July! (Which reminds me, are you all even going to be there? We'd like to stay the night of the 10th...I guess I should call you...)

Tracy Collings said...

I'm hoping your tomatoes do great, if they do, I'd like to try one of those. The flowers look really pretty on your blog, but they look better in person!

Laurence and Sidney said...

You guys have way too much energy!! Everything looks so good! How are you keeping the deer away from your tomatoes? That was my problem with them. However the deer are my problem for EVERYTHING here!!! Good luck!!

We_the_People said...

I'm curious how those hanging tomato planters work. It would be fun to see all the work you've done in person!

Brian & Jennifer Williams.

Anonymous said...

I saw an infomercial for those upside-down tomatoes. I can't wait to hear if they work.

desertortoise said...

I've been wanting to try one of those topsy turvey things too, hope it works out. You guys have done a beautiful job there. It amazes me that you continue do keep doing more each day. I think it'll look like a garden palace by the time I can get there to see it all!