Monday, May 11, 2009

Stuff, more stuff and Mothers Day!!!

I'm sure you get weary of reading about our projects but that is what we do with our life and it is fun to show someone so either read or scan thru this quickly and pretend that you loved it!!! This week we put up a new split rail fence to go down to the garden.
Mom and Pops need something to hold on to to steady them when going down the stairs. I personally love this rustic type of fence but I think Pops thought it was sad to go back to that type now that there are such new smooth nice types available.
Mom wanted to know if we were going to sand it and paint it! Well....... awh.... no?!
When we finally got it in they both love it! Whew!
It really does look good and it works good for them. It was a fun and necessary project.

Dave and Pops had to get a little creative but did a good job.


All done! Now what?
Dave edged the driveway and gained at least foot and sometimes 2 feet on each side! That is about 3 to 4 feet wider in some places! We didn't know the driveway was so nice and wide!!!
While Dave was edging the driveway I decided to redu these old chairs of Moms. I am also putting this naugahide on the benches of the picnic tables. I'm still not quite finished with the 2nd chair. They sit on the patio so they were pretty worn out but had good bones.


MOTHERS DAY
Tricia said she thinks her calf "Big Mac" was the most unique mothers day present of all. Pickles wants to challenge that!!! She says what is another cow? For mothers day Dave brushed pickles hair and got her all gussied up. (She is a mother too you know.) He even bought her a special comb and combed her hair on her tail. But my surprise present came from Jareds kids. Malory, Lily and Lewis.
They bought me these 3 new chickens. They even named them! The Black one is Lewis's and he is named "Blue". The brown one next to him is Mallory's and it's name is "Isabelle". The buff one in front is Lilly's and it's name is "Lilly the beautiful flower". Wow what can I say? When you all come and visit maybe we will have blue eggs... or flowers or??? Humm. Thank you so much! Eat your heart out Tricia!
Dave, (with mom and Pops help) built me a swing for mothers day! It was a fun surprise.
Grandpa likes it! See grandpa go! Go grandpa go!
See grandma. Funny funny grandma! Look high grandma.
See grandma go! Go grandma go.
Go go go
Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!
Thanks everyone for a wonderful Mothers day!!

12 comments:

janice said...

wow! just when i think i have seen all your projects you start more! guess i will just have to come over more!!

Roy said...

No, we're not weary of reading about your projects. We love it! I'm so glad that you are keeping us up to date on what is going on there. Thank you so much and please don't stop!!!

Tera said...

You have been so busy. I absolutely love the new fence. And I can't wait to try out the new swing!

Tracy Collings said...

Looks like fun, I can't wait to try out the new swing. Love you all!!

Judy Wright said...

You guys are great, everything looks so inviting. Sure do miss you

desertortoise said...

Thanks for the pictures and info...can't believe you guys...you must all sleep well at night....Doris

Anonymous said...

First of we will never become weary of your projects around the house. I can't wait to see what you do next. The fence is beautiful. I didn't know I'd have to compete with a cow for mother's Day:) What a fun swing. Don't let Grandpa Wright near that swing again, He has bad luck with swings.

Lisa said...

You guys are soooo much fun! I love it all! I can't wait to see the place in July! :)

Bump and Erin said...

We can't wait to see all that you have done! It looks beautiful!

Shayla said...

you guys are just having WAY too much fun!

The Adams Family said...

I can't believe how GORGEOUS the property is getting. You guys are doing a great job!!!!

Unknown said...

That was such a fun post!!!