Thursday, March 19, 2009

Splitting wood and trimming a tree

Pops and Dave have a constant job of getting firewood ready for the furnace. Here they are splitting wood to stack. We use a wood burning furnace so it saves lots of money but is quite a bit of work.
Randy needed to borrow the splitter so the guys hurried to get the wood done before Joel took it to him. See the leftover snow? Will it ever be spring?
Pops has kept this Alaskian Cedar trimmed but it has gotten out of hand the last
couple of years so we started cutting.
We hauled several loads to the burn pile.
Wola! Here it is! Cute huh? The TREE!

4 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

The tree and the dad! You guys are sure making things pretty!

Tera said...

Great before and after shot of that tree. Dad and Grandpa work so hard; it makes me tired.

fyi: Tell dad that Brian Williams from DC asked for his email address. He wants to know what you guys are up to. I gave him the gmail one and your blog address.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean, we split wood daily. It's work but it saves us a lot of money$$$. (I talk like I do the work. I DO NOT. Thats Marty's job.)

Anonymous said...

Boy you guys do great work.