Thursday, March 12, 2009

A fun day!

Today we decided to have a fun day. We went up past Mt Vernon to Samish Island and bought fresh oysters. Then mom and I cooked them for dinner. We ate the whole quart! They are so yummy!!! I even made Aunt Sharons tarter sauce.
These guys are doing some bird watching. We have been figuring out all the different names and type of birds that use our bird feeder. It has been a lot of fun.
Earlier today we went up to Fir Island to see the Snow Geese and Swans. We were certainly not disappointed! We saw thousands of Snow Geese all flying in special patterns across the sky leaving the area to fly north. Mom and pops said they have never seen anything like it, it was so neat. After that breathtaking experience we saw a field of Trumpet Swans that were so close to the road we couldn't believe it. They didn't seem to be bothered by us watching them. Pops said he had never been so close to a whole flock before. We also saw 14 Bald Eagles. They were mostly on the ground and only one or two together. We saw a few Blue Heron and the sad thing about the whole day was that I forgot my CAMERA!!! I would have had such wonderful pictures if I had remembered to bring it!!! It was still a fun day.

9 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

That sounds amazing!

Roy said...

What? No pictures?! I guess it didn't really happen... :) It sounds like you guys are having way too much fun up there!

Anonymous said...

How neat. We went to the bird refuge (past the Bard) last week and looked at the bald eagles and swans too. It was fun, but they were all a lot farther away than the ones you got to see. And yes, Aunt Sharon does make the best tartar sauce. I even at fish with it and loved it(so you know it had to be good), but I would not touch your oysters:)

Bump and Erin said...

Sounds really cool! Glad you had so much fun!

Tera said...

Those oysters look sooo good! I guess I need to try Aunt Sharon's tarter sauce. I don't think I've had it.

The birds sound amazing. Sounds like you guys are having way too much fun. Miss you!

Lisa said...

Oh you guys are making me jealous! That sounds like so much fun!

Shayla said...

I was so excited to see you made bug cookies and they turned out to be OYSTERS! UGH!!! But I'm glad you guys had fun :)

Laurence and Sidney said...

The recipe for Aunt Sharon's tartar sauce is in the Baird cookbook if you have it. It is amazing!! We love it!! And we're jealous!!

Unknown said...

OH Those Oysters look so good! How fun!!!