Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our wild pets

We told you in our last blog that mom and pops didn't want changing the mound to scare away their birds and squirrels. Yesterday we showed you all the blue jays now today our friendly squirrels came to check it out.
He's hanging by his toes to eat the bird seed. He has a great view of the new fountains and doesn't seem to mind them one bit.
This is a pretty fat one. No problem getting lots of food with the bird feeders so handy.
This squirrel mom named Tipsy because he has a bad back leg and falls over pretty easy. I had to throw out several pictures because he would tip over and look almost dead in the pictures. Now all we are missing are pictures of our deer. They come around every few days. The old mound would almost hide them from the window so they might be a little shy with the heavy greenery gone. We will put in their picture if we can get it!
What do you think? Don't we have great pets? We could watch them all day!

7 comments:

Shayla said...

wow! I want cool pets!!!

Laurence and Sidney said...

Isn't it fun to have wildlife come visiting??? I love them!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the difference! What a beautiful little spot. I love the blue birds. I still can't believe the difference in the weather. You've got flowers and color in those pictures. It is still snow covered here and we're headed back into an inversion. Yuck!

Bump and Erin said...

I love the difference that you have made in that little area!! The fountain is beautiful and it looks so manicured and professional!! Way to go guys!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! thank you for sharing with us. I don't want to miss anything.

Tracy Collings said...

When will you come and live with me? My yard could use some TLC. I have birds and deer too!! How fun to be able to watch and feed these animals! Thanks for the fun pictures.

Lisa said...

That is so awesome! I want some! :D