Friday, February 20, 2009

During the week the weather was so nice that we decided to hunt for buried treasure. Around the yard are 40 year old overgrown shrubs that Dave decided to cut back. Everyone decided to get in on the fun.
Down by the garden past the patio Dave heard there was a water faucet and decided to clip around it and unbury it. Whoa under the bushes he found a beautiful rock wall! Also a barrel that used to hold geraniums, an old tree stump, some barbed wire, also an old lost set of horseshoes, a can of pop, and a pretty big cement slab!!! There was even an old bathtub that Pops says was not lost but I hadn't seen it so it is treasure!!! Cool
Joel was rototilling the garden but I don't think he was so lucky... only a few rocks. Now it is ready to plant peas. I guess that is a pretty good treasure right there.
We had a truck load of branches to haul back by the barn to burn. Sherilyn and Seth helped grandma and I load the truck while Pops supervised
This hill was covered with shrubs out past what shows in the photo. It is looking really good and we want to put a little sitting area there to rest after working in the garden. Just wait it will be beautiful!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to play.

janice said...

hey if Jamie gets to play so do I! =]

Way to go on posting it all by you self!!

Shayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shayla said...

pick me pick me!

The Ivie's said...

I want to play too!

Shayla said...

wow it already looks so great! can't wait to see the finished product!
p.s. why is my comment from another post on here? I'm so confused.

Laurence and Sidney said...

WOW!! I am so jealous!! Rototilling? Planting peas? I'm still shoveling snow!! It is going to be beautiful in there.

Anonymous said...

You guys never cease to amaze me. I love all the fun changes you are doing in the yard.

Mormon Fam said...

These days with good weather have been so great. You guys are really making progress. I love it. Wish we were closer to help.