Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cut off from life as we know it!

They closed the road to town about 3 AM. They were told the river would crest by 4AM but at 8AM when I was taking the pictures they said it wouldn't crest until at least 10 AM!
They say all the businesses at Island crossing are flooded but I can't take pictures because we are stuck here at home.... so I think I'll go work on my newest project, the basement bathroom! Dave and I are supposed to start our new service mission tonight in Mt Vernon...perhaps we can go through Granite Falls or.... we will try another route Pops mentioned.... or perhaps?

4 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

Wow, mom keep us posted that's incredible! You sure seem to know where to go to find natural disasters!!

Lisa said...

Holy cow that is so crazy!

Unknown said...

Mom it is now a proven fact that disasters follow you wherever you go. lol I miss you!

Irishsyl said...

Row,row,row your boat,
Gently down the street....mmmm this is beginning to sound too familiar to you I think.

Wow, how far do you get to go before you are stopped by the water? I do hope this all passes soon... real soon! You are all in our thoughts and prayers.