Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dad and I have had so much fun reading everyones blogs today! You are all so fun and funny! Thanks for making us feel so close to everyone this Christmas. Dad and I feel more a part of things than ever this year. Thanks also for remembering Grandma and Grandpa Dickson. That means so much to them!

Last night dad and I went to the primary leaders Christmas party. Jamie and the rest of the presidency did a great job and we had so much fun! I love the fun games and trading white elephant gifts that we do at Christmas time.

The bathroom is still moving along. I think Dad is having a lot of fun doing what Marty says but it all takes lots of time. Dad put my shelves back up in the laundry room so I have been cleaning my family room and can finally almost see the floor!

Jamie and I have been doing a service project for someone in the ward. The couple get depressed and overwhelmed every time they step into the house. They moved out of this house in the country and need to sell it so they aren't making 2 house payments. The house is a "money pit" type of house and looked so terrible on the inside that no one would want it. So Jamie and I are doing a "designed to sell" type project. The lady watches Jamie's daycare and we are doing whatever we want. We have total say and the transformation is amazing. We have finished the living room, entry and kitchen and already the change is shocking. Next we are redoing the bathrooms and fixing the downstairs bedroom. I think we will quit there because that will sell the house. Once the buyers see that much we figure they will not be overwhelmed with what isn't re-done. The outside curb appeal is pretty good but the minute you stepped inside you wanted to run! Now it is great until you walk into a bathroom.... we have several more long days ahead of us but it feels good to see the change. They have 2 1/2 acres, a large barn, good out buildings, 4 to 5 large bedrooms, family room and need to sell it for 85 thousand.
Can you imagine buying that in Utah or California?

3 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

I would love to see pictures of it! Sounds really neat what you guys are doing. You guys are an inspiration to me.

Tracy

Bump and Erin said...

I am glad that it's looking better, it sounds pretty bad! Leave it to you guys to take on a fun project like that!

Tera said...

I'll take it! I'm sure you are doing an amazing job. Please post pictures. I want to see the finished product.