Friday, June 10, 2011

Aunt Catherns funeral

Last Saturday Dave and I drove mom and pops down to Enumclaw to moms sister Cathern Harston's funeral. It was a nice day and we really enjoyed the visit with everyone. Aunt Rhea came in from Orem Utah.
Aunt Flora came from Fallon Nevada with 2 daughters and a son-in-law. I took such terrible pictures that I am embarrassed. Aunt Georgia from California is in this picture with Aunt Flora.
My cousin LaVern helped bring her mom Flora.
Uncle Frank from California.
At the funeral
Mom.
She will hate this picture but I took terrible pictures all day! She actually looked beautiful!
The sisters were teasing on the couch at the church. Mom was acting like she was the next to go. This is mom , Aunt Flora Miller and Aunt Bessie Zeller (who came in from Lovell Wyoming.)
This is Aunt Catherns children and spouses.
Front row: Flora Miller, John and Helen Dickson
Back: Frank and Georgia Baird, Bessie Zeller, Rhea Wille, Alice and Ron Brownell
What is left of the family. Gone already are Grandma and Grandpa Baird, Aunt June, Uncle Leo and Aunt Cathern.
We had a wonderful visit with everyone! Lots of cousins were there. I didn't get a single picture of Lynn and Sharon or Sheri and her family or Janice or so many who were there! What can I say? I was having way too much fun visiting with everyone to actually stop and take a good picture. It was a wonderful day and Aunt Cathern will truly be missed.

3 comments:

Tera said...

Thanks for updating your blog, Mom. I enjoy seeing Grandma and her family. Miss you all.

Laurence and Sidney said...

Nice pictures. I know they're not as good as you had hoped, but for those of us that weren't there we love them!! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

It is fun to see the pictures even if you don't think they are good.