Thursday, November 12, 2009

Two Weeks of Bliss

Erin was so nice to change my background so I decided I'd better post something new. Doris (My wonderful sister) came here from North Dakota on Amtrak so she could stay with my parents and let Dave and I go visit our kids. She was here for 13 wonderful days!!
Now the embarrassing part. We went on a wonderful trip and didn't take any pictures! It was so crazy because we planned to but all we did is take some as we drove down the coast and then we never pulled out the cameras again.
Here are some pictures of the Redwoods. Dave took all the pictures in this blog. He is enjoying his photography.
The trees are so big and it was so quiet and restful there.

As we came to the Coast in Oregon this funny little motel was right across the street from the first ocean view we saw. We stopped and wouldn't go another foot. It was so beautiful there and the roar of the waves was so wonderful. It was wonderful and dumpy and cheap and we would do it again! We truly relaxed on this vacation!
So beautiful! You know how much dad always liked doing panarama shots... now his camera helps him. Isn't it pretty? You can see why we relaxed so much!

Not a bad picture for a beginner is it?
This is what Dave did most of the trip. I drove and he relaxed!
I mean really relaxed!!!
On our trip we went to David and Julies home in California. He got us into Disneyland the next day then we met his family at Disneyland for dinner. David got us a fancy suite at the Paris in LasVegas to stay on our way to Utah the next evening. It was so fancy that we just stayed in our room all evening! We went on to Utah and saw the rest of the kids. Everyone had fun things planned for us. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! Lee took Dave to enjoy a U of U football game in box seats, I went trick or treating with Erin's kids, We went to breakfast with Tracy and Steve, went out to Lunch with Lee, Had a fun family home evening and dinner with everyone, Had a fun day and dinner at Jared's, Dave talked at a youth fireside in Erin's ward. We were only there a few days but it was a whirlwind and wonderful thanks to the kids! I think it was a perfect trip.

11 comments:

Laurence and Sidney said...

What a fun time!! AND fun pictures! Glad you got to go!!

Tracy Collings said...

Love the pictures dad!

Karen said...

Loved the pictures, but sad we didn't get to say hi to you while you were so close.

Unknown said...

I think it is hilarious that you didn't take pictures. That is so unlike you. The pictures you got were great. My only question is...why is dad wearing a suit on vacation??? Is it because he doesn't have to wear one everyday now so he makes up for it on vacation?? Retired people are a little strange I think. lol

We_the_People said...

We really enjoy following your blog. We miss you guys in Maryland.

--Brian & Jennifer Williams.

Tera said...

Great pictures! I am so glad you got to go on such a great trip. I wondered the same thing as Jamie. Why is Dad wearing a suit? Miss you!

We're All Wright said...

Okay I already confessed that we didn't take any pictures.... The one of dad in his suit was on Sunday morning waiting for the Amtrak train with Doris on it so we could leave on our vacation. That position in the car is one he used quite often so I felt justified putting it in!!!

We're All Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shayla said...

WOW those pictures are awesome!

Lisa said...

I love your pictures! That trip looks like a blast!

The Adams Family said...

Great pictures! I did the SAME thing on our Utah trip. Kept forgetting my camera when we were w/family! I can't believe how much Tom reminds me of Dave! We miss you guys SO much!!