Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mt. Ranier, Herman, Sheri leaves






Last Monday we took a little adventure down to Enumclaw and stayed overnight with Uncle Ron and Aunt Alice. Our plan was to take a drive up Chinock Pass and enjoy a picnic while looking at Mt. Ranier. The mountain looks so huge from there but we never did get to see it because after having a beautiful week the clouds decided to obscure our view. This was the most we saw of the mountain!
We saw a few huge trees however!!!
And the scenery was breathtaking! The Mountain Ash were full of berries and looked beautiful.
Oops! Still no Mt. Ranier!!! This was the view most of the day.
But this view was what I saw when I turned my back on Mt Ranier!! So pretty! We didn't feel slighted in the least.
We drove up into the clouds and stopped for our picnic. I thought it was so beautiful! Here is a real cute guy on a rock!!
Isn't it beautiful up there?
Aunt Alice made the most wonderful picnic lunch that we really enjoyed!
It wasn't as cold as it looks but it was damp from the fog. The type of damp that goes right through ya and yells I need a jacket!
Dave, Aunt Cathern Harston, Pops, Mom, Aunt Alice & Uncle Ron Brownell
It was a perfect day and now we must go back to see what the clouds hid!

Herman Gets a New Family Look

Herman has been stuck in that tree for years and finally received a new "Family" look. The hairdu seems to fit. I have been watching for a new face for a long time but they were all too scary and grotesque. This week I finally found this one at the thrift store for $1.25. Was it worth it? Pops says he looks a little too happy but I'd be happy too if I finally got a new face after wearing the one he had for so many years!

Oops I guess you can't really see his face. Sorry... mom says it isn't happy but a grimmise. Whatever?!

Sherilyn and Joel leave for Nauvoo

Friday Sherilyn and Joel took their 5th wheel (after living in it here on the property for a year) and left on a long extended vacation. They will go see Lynn and Sharon in Nauvoo then go down south.
Ellie wasn't sure she wanted to travel in her carseat that far but Seth was already asleep by the time they left!
It was quite a job hooking it all up and unpluging from life here after a year!
There they go!! That is one BIG travel trailer!!! We already miss them.

5 comments:

desertortoise said...

Beautiful mountains...I'm so jealous!

Bump and Erin said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I like Herman's new look too! Thanks for sharing!

Tera said...

The pictures are amazing Mom! I love them. What a fun day!

Mrs. Dickson said...

Wow what a post. Good luck to Sheri. I really miss Mt. Rainier now (I used to live over there and see it often) and Enumclaw? I lost my car keys there once ha ha. I loved the pictures, so very beautiful.

Sheri Dickson Woodson said...

We miss you all too, but we are sure having fun with "bamma and banma" (grandma and grandpa in Seth talk) here in your home in Nauvoo.